Thursday, December 11, 2008

I feel like a really mean Mommy!

This morning, Brenna woke up again early looking for her paci. This has been going on for about two weeks now. Many mornings she woke up as early as 5am. This is very early for my child. Anyways, when I went in to help her find her paci this morning, I couldn't find it. Nathan and I both looked forever and finally gave up. I started explaining that paci was lost and Brenna is a big girl now. She doesn't need her paci when she has Bear and Be-Be. She didn't seem to take it too hard and eventually got out of bed. When she did, I looked down and there was that paci. I made a quick stash and decided to leave things be and end the paci now.

Well nap time came as it always does. Of course she wanted the paci, but it was lost remember. Now she is in bed crying for all kinds of things, and I am praying that she will just fall asleep. Will someone out there help me to be strong? I can't give in. I just can't give in, but I don't want her to stay awake for the rest of her life. Tell me it will get better than right now.

2 comments:

keyofdjonz said...

i sent nathan a link to a pretty good web site about pacis. anyway, as for me, bj wouldn't have one, neither would matt, nathan on the other hand would probably still have one if we hadn't gradually taken it away!

Krischa said...

We just threw them away gradually as he bite through them until there was only one or two left. Then we explained that when those were gone, they were gone and he was done. One day when we were down to one we just told him it was gone and he was a big boy now. He seemed to take it alright. Just hang in there. The parenting books say once you say something like that, commit to it. She will be ok and you are helping to save her teeth(you know us orthodontic assistance!!!!) Keep strong, this to will pass!!