Sunday, November 16, 2008

Youth Group

So, I am helping to start a youth group in our little church here in the large metropolis of Karnes City. This was our third week. It has been fun and challenging so far. I have been a mess of nerves and excitement. We have been working out a few kinks for the first two weeks, but this week ran smoothly despite a late start. I actually gave my first talk and it seemed to go over well. I am really praying that the kids will remember what we talked about and be able to apply it to their lives this week.

The challenge for me now is to keep up what we have started. I have to continue listen to what God wants to speak each week. Writing the talks is challenging because I have never done it before. I am praying that God will use me in these kids lives.

I have been learning names like crazy. I'm not very good at that in general, but have been making a huge effort to remember each person I meet. I have remembered all but one each week. I hate having to go back and ask for there names again. Hopefully that will get better as well. I love that we have new kids coming each week. The majority of them come back each week too.

I think those are all my thoughts for now. Nathan's one critique of tonight's talk was that I didn't "land the plane" very well. I agreed with him. As the end was coming out, I realized it was going to be a bumpy landing, but I didn't know how to fix it as I went along. Something else to learn.

Now to land this plane. Sorry for the jumble of thoughts tonight. My brain is quickly turning to mush. Also, I will be posting some new projects I am working on soon. I have many purses to finish in the next week. Hopefully I can come up with a talk and get all these purses done in one week. It will be a busy one.

No comments: