Wednesday, November 12, 2008

San Antonio

Let me tell you how much I love being able to see my brother and family so often. I love my brother and always have. We played together as kids and got along most of the time. I knew that I missed spending time with him all those years I was away, but I never realized how much. Now that we live about an hour away and all Brenna's and my doctors are there, we seem to be visiting a lot. In fact today was the second week in a row.

While the kids were playing, I was able to spend a little time with Aaron picking his brain about my talk for the youth group on Sunday night. He is really good at what he does, and I am lucky enough that he doesn't charge me for the training. God has been using him for years in San Antonio and Brenham, and now he is using him inadvertently in Karnes City.

I was also able to spend a little time with Liz. I have loved getting to know her better over the past year that we have been in Texas. I was never able to spend this much time with her until we moved here. She is the perfect mate for my brother, and I love her dearly.

One of the best things about living close is that Brenna gets to play with her cousins. She loves going to "Tanner's" house to play. In fact, today when we left, she talked about the next time we go to Tanner's house all the way home. They play very well together, and it has been fun watching Avery start to join in the group. The last time we were there, she played on the floor with both kids. Brenna still isn't very sure about her, but is learning that she isn't too bad. Today they had a little bonding time after a little coxing from Liz and I. Brenna wasn't sure if she really wanted to sit by Avery or just continue playing by herself. Liz and I were persistent and eventually convinced her that it would be a great idea.


Sorry they are a little blurry. I got some new lenses from a wonderful friend. I am still learning about them. Please be patient with me.

No comments: