Thursday, March 27, 2008

I yahyu

What parent doesn't long for those sweet words to come unsolicited out of their little child's mouth. Brenna blessed both Nathan and I yesterday. Nathan was first when he was walking out the door after lunch. She said, "Bye Bye Daddy. I yahyu!"
Needless to say, he had a hard time leaving after that. He came back to give her one more hug and an "I love you, too" back.

Later, I was sitting in the chair with Brenna after she woke up from her nap. She leaned over to pat my back and said, "I yahyu, Mommy". The sweetness almost brought tears to my eyes. What precious uncomplicated words those are from a child's mouth.

Yes, she still may be learning the meaning. At bath time, she was playing with her cow and horse toy when she made them kiss and said, "I yahyu, Neigh". (I think those words were coming from the cow.)

There are many parts of parenting that I wouldn't trade for any amount of money in the world.




1 comment:

Mary Jessica said...

I can hardly imagine those words coming out of Tommy's mouth, and will be so excited when they do. Those photos are beautiful!!