Tuesday, December 29, 2009

In the Aftermath of Christmas Day

Well, we had a wonderful Christmas day. I guess I should step back one day. I was actually not feeling well at all on Christmas Eve morning. I spent most of the morning in bed. By the afternoon, I was feeling better, but Nathan couldn't breathe though his nose. That was very unfortunate because he had to sing a solo and lead music at the Christmas Eve service that night. Hello Afrin. He calls it the miracle drug. Clears the nose instantly. I was actually amazed that the voice I heard that night was from the same person I had been hearing all afternoon. The service was wonderful. I do love candlelight Christmas Eve service. It was a little different for me because it was the first time Brenna had to sit with me through a service. She was a little distracting for me, but I still enjoyed the service.


That night we played elves. I love seeing all the presents under the tree late on Christmas Eve. Nathan and I went to bed and anticipated the fun of the morning. Brenna didn't disappoint us. She woke up early and excited about Christmas morning. What a joy it was for us to be at home with with her. I loved being able to watch her open her gifts. She was so excited when she came in first thing and saw her dolphin and her bike. I loved her exclamation. "A bike for me. It's just what I wanted for Christmas!" (Note: She really just likes to sit on it. No luck on the riding yet. Maybe one day she will learn to peddle. I won't even try to imagine no training wheels.)




We left for Mom and Dad's house in the afternoon. Christmas dinner was late but good. Now we are awaiting the arrival of Tanner (and family). We decided to wait to open the rest of the gifts which has been a little hard especially with an almost four year old She knows Christmas Day has passed, but has to look at a tree loaded with gifts everyday. She keeps asking, "Is Tanner coming today?" We tried to explain that we are waiting for Tanner and Avery so that we can all open together. That is a little hard for her, but she is managing well. It will be worth the wait come tomorrow when we can answer Brenna's daily question with "Yes, Tanner is coming today after your nap." I am looking forward to Christmas Day round two with everyone here.


Meanwhile, we have been enjoying our newest addition to the family. Call me crazy, but I just couldn't resist the cute little puppies that Mom's dog had. I love Toy Havanese breed. I may be hating myself next week when Annie and Westin realize that the puppy is coming to stay at our house. I will have to be a constant referee for sure, but she is just too cute to resist. Brenna really loves her and it will be fun to watch them grow together. We have named her Sophie Puchabelle Jones, but will call her Sophie Belle or just Sophie. She is a ball of cuteness.


Oh, one other funny story of the week. Brenna has discovered the joy of "Lip Chomp". (aka Chapstick) She has been so funny asking for her lip chomp every time she puts it down. We have laughed a lot.


I hope your Christmas week has been filled with laughter and joy as well. We have missed everyone we didn't get to see. I'll let you know how round two goes for us in a few days.

I can't believe I almost forgot the exclamation of last night. GO DAWGS! I cheered for a football team for the first time that I can remember last night. It was a lot of fun, but a little too stressful for me. Not sure I will be that committed again, but it was fun. So exciting to watch Georgia win. Sorry my Aggie friends.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Squeal! CUTE!~~~

kristi said...

ahhhhhhhh........love the new addition! so so cute!! what a great christmas for you guys!!!

keyofdjonz said...

we missed ya'll here in georgia but glad you had a nice christmas. the puppy is darling! love ya'll much