Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Headaches

I hate everything about headaches and migraines. I have had my share in my lifetime. I can't even remember a time in my life when I didn't have regular headaches. I seriously hope I haven't passed this dreaded plight on to Brenna. This week has been record breaking. Two immobilizing migraines in a row. Sunday night I thought I would die but felt much better after an Imitrex and Vicaden. I even woke up at midnight hungry. I thought I was free on Monday morning, but the second beast hit around noon. Two Imitrex, one Zomig nasal spray, and a Vicaden later, I still had that monster pounding through my whole head. Finally, blessed sleep washed over me when I was able to relax my body enough through submerging most of my head into a hot bath. I think we should really look for a house with a garden tub next time. The regular bathtubs just don't cut it when an adult body tries to lie completely down.

So here's hoping that today is a pain free one. I did start the day with 3 Advil, but they seem to be kicking the hangover headache that settled as I awoke this morning.

Before this whole thing started yesterday, Brenna and I went to see a new baby. I just love little newborn babies. Jacob wasn't even a week old. So precious. I forget how little they are at first. Although this child my have the longest fingers and toes I have ever seen. I enjoyed taking a few pictures of him. I haven't put them on the computer yet, but hopefully I'll get that done today. Thanks Kelly for sharing your little one. I enjoyed our visit.

I would also like to express how thankful I am for friends. One of mine came and saved me yesterday. I wasn't able to take care of Brenna because I couldn't function, and my wonderful friend Christy came to save me and Brenna. I am so thankful for people in my life who are willing to put aside their convenience to help a friend.

No comments: