Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer Continues

Well, VBS went well. We were all exhausted, but the outcome was completely worth the exhaustion. This was Brenna's fist year to be in a VBS class. She couldn't stop talking about going to class each night. She also talked about Peter all day long. She is still asking to learn about Peter. I am amazed at what a little sponge she is. I really should be talking to her more about the bible. I should look for some material that might be fun and spiritually educational for her. Any ideas?

This is week two of swimming lessons. Brenna is doing great at those too. I'm not sure what she will have learned by the end, but she is having a great time doing it. My hope is that she will be able to kick effectively by the end of the week, but not sure if that will happen. We aren't really practicing outside of lessons right now. I will probably be working on that all summer. She has also mysteriously stopped jumping off the side of the pool. Not sure what that is about. Before lessons, she would do that over and over until my arms were too tired to catch her.

On friday Brenna "jumped" off the diving board. I was so proud of her and mad at myself for not bringing my camera. We talked about it all weekend. I kept talking about doing it again on Monday so that Mommy could get a picture. Well, yesterday rolled around and she wouldn't go off. That would figure. See if I'm ill prepared again. I guess my camera will now be a permanent attachment to my body.

I did however get a few cute pictures yesterday. And since I will have my camera now for the rest of the week, I'm sure there will be more to follow.

"Froggy Jump"

"Splash"


One more funny swimming lesson story. There are many spots of down time for the kids as they are waiting for their turn. Brenna deals with the down time a little differently than the rest of the kids. She brings her "puppy" with her to swimming lessons. While all the other kids quietly wait for their turn, Brenna has a great time playing with her puppy. She talks to it, feeds it, and laughs with it. When it is her turn to jump she hands the puppy to one of the other kids. They open their hand and give her a very confused and quizzical look. It is quiet funny to watch. I think the other kids think she is crazy. Most of them are several years older than her. I don't think they really understand what she is telling them or doing. While she was waiting to do the froggy jump, the lifeguards caught her laughing and telling the puppy to stop licking her because it tickled. She is a very creative and imaginative little girl.

No comments: