Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Marley, Sicky and a Tired Mommy

The Jones household has had a day. Last night, Nathan and I made the mistake of leaving the rest of Brenna's dinner on the table while we all went to watch Obama's inauguration speech. Brenna didn't each much and her plate had a hotdog, ketchup, grapes, and tater tots. We were hearing a little clinking in the kitchen and I sent Nathan in to tell tell the cat to get off the table. Little did we know that our sweet little Annie was hosting the spirit of Marley. Nathan found her licking Brenna's plate completely clean. Now before you feel sorry for Annie (aka. Marley) know that she had just eaten a full dinner of her own. She has never climbed on the table completely, so I guess we now how to watch out for Annie and Westin on our kitchen table. Now, who wants to come eat dinner with us?

Then at about 10:30 last night, Brenna started throwing up and continued for 5 more times. I have been dreading this day for 2.5 years now. I have heard the stories from other parents. How they awoke to a crying child who had a gross stench covering them. The child sat in bed with arms outreached wanting to be held and comforted. I have heard speakers compare it to how Christ sees us when we have sinned. I now completely understand the analogy. I walked into Brenna's room last night and was accosted by the stench and her cries of distress. After a bath to get all the vomit out of her hair and off her body, I ended up sleeping at the foot of Brenna's bed so that I could be with her to catch her puke each time she needed me. A mother's love is never ending. She didn't want me to leave. I think this illness really scared her. We didn't get much sleep last night. I am hoping for a very good nap and a sick little girl to feel better. Luckily she hasn't vomited since 4 am. Hopefully that part is over and now we just have to get rid of the fever.

So we have Marley, the Sicky. Can you guess who I am? That's right! I'm a tired Mommy in need of a nap today. I'm hoping the rest of the week ends well.

3 comments:

William K. Neal said...

Oh, I look forward to the day... yikes!

Kelly said...

Hello my friend! I like your blog, I added yours to my list so I can keep up with you now : )
Kelly

Krischa said...

Are you alive???? Do you still have a house full of tired and sick people? Hope you all are ok and feeling better.