Monday, January 25, 2010

Bath Day

Today was Sophie's first bath since we have brought her home. Baths tend to freek puppies out a little, but she did okay. It is the noisy dryer that she really doesn't like. Hopefully she will get better as time goes by. What I really enjoyed was Brenna's help. Sometimes having little hands help doesn't really make the chore easier. Today it did. She was so willing to work with me. In the words of my mother, "it made my heart go pitter patter." Brenna helped with shampoo and conditioner. Then when Sophie was trying to run from the blow dryer and I had one hand on Sophie and the other holding the dryer, Brenna brushed. What a treat it was for me to watch her grow up today.

It was a big day of helpful hands. After the bath, we baked some cookies. Brenna does enjoy baking with me. I put my apron on and she put hers on. She gleefully pointed out that we matched. I could just see how proud she was of herself. Although she does like the baking process, what she really likes is getting to lick all the dough. I know some out there say I shouldn't let her eat all those raw ingredients, but what do you remember from your childhood. It was the licking that I lived for. I love to see her huge smile covered in cookie dough. How could I say no to that image?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture!!! Brenna is getting all growed up!! It's so exciting to "watch" your family evolve. You are such a sweet, loving mommy!! Cute puppy too!!

kjonz29 said...

And danger from 'raw eggs' is much less than has been reported. Glad to hear Brenna was such a help. Maybe she can help us bathe Patty-puppy sometime...she's just been into an old feather pillow when she's been in the basement due to cold. Comes out looking like she has fuzz all over her.

Kevin Cornelius said...

MMMMMMMmmmmm, coookie dough. If raw eggs made Rocky strong, think how good cookie dough will be for us!

keyofdjonz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
keyofdjonz said...

i love the new picture and background. what a big girl to be such a helper : )