Friday, October 30, 2009

Brenna

How is it that someone so little can have me out of my mind almost daily? My sweet little girl has a will of iron. There are so many days that I wonder how I am supposed to raise her to be well adjusted in this world. I find it humorous that she is so much of me and so much of Nathan put together, although that would make sense. There are so many times during the day when I want to pull my hair out and just start over. Am I using the right discipline techniques? Would something else work better? She brings me to my knees daily asking my heavenly Father to please guide me because I don't want to mess up his precious little gift to Nathan and I. Even with all my mistakes, I pray that she will grow up knowing that she has a Mommy and Daddy that love her dearly and she has a Heavenly Father that never leaves her side.

So here is a funny little story. I put Brenna in time out for something the other day. Don't remember now, but it probably had to do with listening and obeying. Wow that is a hard concept to learn. It's just a little ironic that I am still learning that one while I am also trying to teach it. Anyways, I moved to the kitchen and hear Brenna singing a song about why she is in time out. Talk about some silent laughter. So apparently that was not very effective. She did give me a good little laugh.

Speaking of laughter. While I am pulling out my hair daily, I am also laughing daily. She has such a since of humor. Nathan always said he wanted her to have my looks and his sense of humor. (Not sure what that says about my sense of humor. Maybe we should have a talk about that one.) I love to hear her laugh. Her laughter often brings my own laughter bubbling to the surface. Whether she is "waddle, waddle, waddling" from the bathroom or cracking herself up over a movie, I love to see and hear she humor developing.

I am blessed. I pray that someday God will grant Nathan and I a second special treasure. If not, I will constantly remind myself that I have a precious treasure. When I am saddened by what feels like a dream fading, I can hold my little Brenna bear and know she is an answered prayer. God is faithful. He will always answer my prayers. I will listen and obey.

No comments: