Friday, July 3, 2009

Welcome to Georgia

After many hours of driving we finally arrived in Georgia. Nathan promptly said, "Ahh, we are now in God's country." Not sure if I agree with that statement, but it sure is nice to see green again. I also went for a run this morning and didn't come back needing to replenish a gallon of water that I had lost. I was actually a little chilly when I walked out. I only brought the running clothes that I wear in Texas now. It was right around 60 degrees here. That is basically winter for us. It was a great run. I felt like I could go forever. My lungs weren't breathing water and the air was cooler than my body temp.

Yesterday I had a chance to take some pictures of Brenna outside G-Daddy and Nonni's house. She has a good time playing in their yard. We took a blanket out and sat on the lawn reading and playing with some stickers. I loved these pictures of her in their swing.

As some may know, I had been trying to win a toy from ebay as a surprise for Brenna. I did finally win it a few weeks back and it came right as we were walking out the door on Monday. I wanted to wait until Brenna needed something fun to occupy her time here at the house. This morning I brought out the "Little Einsteins Rocket" toy. I think it is safe for me to say that this has been her favorite toy ever in her short three years on this earth. I wish I had the video camera or my digital camera ready to take a picture of her face when I brought it out. She had the biggest eyes and smile. She breathed in a huge gulp of air and exhaled an amazed "Ohhh". How sweet is her excitement? She played with rocket for an hour before lunch. Then she was barely willing to eat lunch because she wanted to play with rocket again. Score a point for Mommy on this one. May it bring us hours of fun play.

No comments: