Saturday, November 21, 2009

Santa Came to KC

Well, I have been prepping her for days now. "Brenna, are you excited to go see Santa? Do you think you can tell him a secret? Show Mommy how you can tell him a secret. Can you give him a hug? Will you smile so pretty for Santa?" You see, last year she had a "deer in headlights" moment and wouldn't give any expression at all. I was hoping for a better Santa picture this year. I guess I will see the result soon, but I'm not sure it is very promising.

We got into the studio and I could tell she was very excited. Santa just makes her so darn nervous. The writers of "A Christmas Story" really did their research. Our Santa was so sweet, but Brenna had the same reaction terror when she saw him. She is so excited before and after, but during, Santa is just plain scary. I think we may have one picture with a smile and one picture where she could be thinking about hugging Santa. I guess it will just have to do for the year.

Santa did ask her what she wanted for Christmas. Brenna doesn't really have a concept of what Santa does at Christmas. She has watched all the movies, but we haven't really installed the "Santa Concept" into her. So her response when Santa asked her what she wanted? A dolphin. Not sure where she came up with that one, but you know what I am searching for now.

No comments: