Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013


So, I have missed a bit of time in here.  Who knows when my next post will happen.  It seems life has come in the way of writing.  I guess I will simply enjoy it as it goes by.  2012 passed by with many changes in our lives.  Brenna finished Kindergarten and started first grade.  I wouldn't say she loves school, but she does do well in it.  She loves parts of it and she does love to learn some things.  I guess that makes her a typical kid.

The biggest change in our lives this year is our step in obedience into the Fostering world.  We as a family feel like God has asked us to open our home to hurting children who don't have a home and are in our foster system.  It has been a crazy ride for us.  We have had two completely different placements in the past year.  Our current placement has been with us for four months today.  What a change we have seen in him.  He is becoming quite the little man and we are honored to have him in our family at least for now.

This has not been an easy journey and we are just at the beginning of our time.  I keep wondering what pain and joy this next year will bring.  How will God change me as an individual and all 4 of us as a family?  I wish I could post a picture of the whole family, but I can't.  I don't have the heart to post the family without our little man.  For now, I can give you a glimpse of his cute Halloween costume from the backside and a current picture of Brenna.



Thanks to Mr. Mitchell for capturing such a great picture of our almost 7 year old.


He loves his "Tiger" the little man had to be a tiger for Halloween.

1 comment:

東廾文 said...

KAYLA,I think you and family are really happiness.I am from Taiwan,a small island across from China.My family and I also like enjoy our life.So when I saw your blog I am glad to learn more about you and your family's thing.